Thank you for coming to CYC 2017!
See you next time at cyc 2019!
Y O U A R E I N V I T E D
The Catholic Youth Convention welcomes all youth in grades 9-12, youth ministry team leaders,
priests - that means YOU! Celebrate God, our faith, the young Church & all of the
blessings that come from gathering 1000+ Catholics from around the Archdiocese & beyond!
Use #seattlecyc17 and follow the adventures on Instagram!
Our Special Guests!
YOUTH MINISTERS/CYC COORDINATORS
(Single) Participant Registration Form *all CYC registration must be done at RegOnline
FOR ALL YOUR ADDITIONAL PROMOTIONAL NEEDS:
CATHOLIC YOUTH CONVENTION
November 11-12, 2017 at the Washington State Fair, Puyallup
The Catholic Youth Convention (CYC) for high school teens is a weekend experience of evangelization & transformation that provides youth with an opportunity to encounter God, and deepen their understanding & love of our Catholic faith. All registrations for CYC will be done through RegOnline until November 5, 2017. To register, please visit www.oyyae.org/cyc.
All registrations for CYC will be done through RegOnline (until November 5th).
November 11th: On-Site Registration-individually and/or group registrations.
To register, click on the “Register” button above and you will be redirected to the registration site, where you will be prompted to enter your information. *Please note there are 3 options to select when registering: CYC Coordinator (that’s you!), Adult Leader (the awesome adults you are bringing with you), and Youth. ALL YOUTH MUST REGISTER THROUGH THEIR PARISH/FAITH COMMUNITY.
Checking Who Registered
Each parish/faith community will receive a SmartLink that will allow you to see who has registered under your group. That link will be sent to you when registration opens in September and remain live through CYC Registration. If you need this link sent again, please email us at email@example.com. If you see an error, please contact us immediately. Your parish will be financially responsible for each participant on your list.
- General: September 11 - October 30
- $75 (includes t-shirt)
- Late: October 31 - November 5
- $85 (no t-shirt)
- On-Site: November 11 - 12
- $95 (no t-shirt)
*All Registrations or NON-REFUNDABLE. Participant names may be exchanged until November 6th.
- Parish Check: If you choose to register as a group, this is the best payment option. An invoice will be sent to the parish for the total amount owed in the week following CYC.
- Online: The Archdiocese of Seattle accepts Online Credit Card Payments for CYC. This will ONLY be for the registration fee-parishes will need to collect Parish costs (additional meals, transportation, etc.) separately. If your teens are registering individually, they have the option to pay the Registration fee directly and additional parish fees separately.
- Onsite Registration: Onsite registration will be available for those who were unable to register prior to the weekend of CYC. However, the price will be increased to $95/participant. Please note we will be unable to provide CYC t-shirts for registrants after October 30th.
If you have a student in need of financial assistance, the Archdiocese has a limited amount to offer. Please submit your request by October 20th by emailing the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Parish Name
- CYC Coordinator/Contact Phone Number
- Student Name
- Brief Explanation of Financial Aid Request
*All students who receive financial scholarship need to register by October 30th, the first deadline.
Forms & Waivers
We are thankful that we have some local parishes who are opening their doors to host! Please note that priority will be given to those who live more than an hour away. Please contact the host parishes directly to make arrangements.
- All Saints - Puyallup
- St. Andrew - Sumner
- St. Gabriel - Port Orchard
- St. John of the Woods - Tacoma
- (More coming soon!)
- Download the list of lodging around the Fairgrounds here.
NOTE: We have not made deals specifically for CYC. If you would like to use any of the listed hotels, simply mention to the hotel that the reservation is for an event at the Washington State Fair.
During your coordinator registration on RegOnline,
you can sign-up to have your parish group lead a prayer at CYC & express your interest in serving at Mass!
Awards & Recognition
Companions on the Journey
- This award recognizes adults who share their talents in ministry consistently over a period of six years of more. Nominate an adult volunteer who share their gift of time and talent with the young church. THE NOMINATION SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
- Presented to parishes, high schools, or ministries whose youth have responded to the Gospel call to service! Nominate your group to be recognized at CYC 2017. THE NOMINATION SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
Saint Timothy Award
Each year, two Seniors are chosen to be the Saint Timothy Award recipients, who through parish leadership recommendations & an interview process are recognized as exemplifying the call to discipleship & are engaged in evangelization through lived witness. The Saint Timothy Award winners will be given a $500 scholarship presented at CYC 2017. THE NOMINATION SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
Think about it. Talk about it. Pray about it. Know that we are praying for you, too. Then, if and when you are ready to submit your talk, use the form below! THE KEYNOTE SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
...is included in your registration! It will be Subway sandwiches - you may indicate your choice when registering.
Directions to CYC
If you would like to set-up a booth for the CYC weekend, please take a look at these vendor guidelines for more details. Then, if and when you are ready, use the form below to submit your request. Thank you!