What does canoeing next to a beaver dam, feeling wildlife bones, and coring a red cedar have to do with our Catholic faith? Fifth and sixth grade students at Camp Hamilton’s Environmental Education program get to experience science through a Catholic lens, using Pope Francis’ encyclical Laudato si’, and supporting the Next Generation Science Standards. This 3 or 4 day residential camping program calls students, through the voice of our Holy Father, to apply the science lessons and environmental stewardship beyond the old forests of Camp Hamilton to the student’s schools, churches, and communities.
- 16–18 (3 day program-Holy Week)
- 30 – May 3
- 15-17 (3 day program)
- 18–20 (3 day program)
- 16–18 (3 day program)
- 22–25 (week before Memorial Day)
- 29–June 1
- 4-Day Program: $175 per student.
- 3-Day Program: $145 per student.
- There is no charge for teachers. Chaperones within a 1 adult to 8 student ratio will attend for free. ($60 per chaperone if the 1:8 ratio is exceeded)
- Registrations are not complete without a $200 deposit.
Checks can be made out to "CCAS - EE" and sent to the Archdiocese of Seattle's address.
- Registration for spring 2018 and 2019 will continue on a first come first come basis.
- Registrations are not complete unless they include a $200 deposit.
Questions? Contact Terri Schell, Environmental Education Director