World Youth Day (WYD) is a worldwide encounter with the Pope which is typically celebrated every three years in a different country. The most recent WYD was celebrated in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2013 and the next World Youth Day will be held in Krakow, Poland in 2016.
WYD is open to all young people who want to take part in a festive encounter with their contemporaries centered on Jesus Christ. This event is an opportunity to experience in first person the universality of the Church; to share with the whole world the hope of many young people who want to commit themselves to Christ and others. World Youth Day is a unique way to deepen your faith and grow closer to Christ, by means of prayer and the sacraments, together with thousands of other young people who share your interests and ambitions.
Our archdiocese is offering two pilgrimages, a Youth Delegation as well as a Young Adult Delegation and blessed to have Archbishop Sartain be a part of the experience. We invite you to become a pilgrim and be a part of WYD 2016!
- Trip Itineraries
- Pilgrim Journals
- Traveling Blog
- Want to stay up to date with our pilgrims? Check out what they've been blogging!
- WYD & Poland
- Official WYD Website: http://www.krakow2016.com/en/
- Theme Song
- Check out the Official Theme Song (with English translation) and share with pilgrims preparing for the journey.
- Invitation from Cardinal Stanisław Dziwisz
- Poland and the World Youth Day Organization invites you to come and be a part of WYD 2016! In this video you will find the beauty of Poland, the excitement for WYD 2016, and YOUR invitation to be a part of it all!