This page is designated for Youth Ministry Ministers and Leaders. Here you will find information about upcoming leader events as well as resources, forms and waivers, and more. If you have any questions, contact us at the OYYAE offices.
Please let us know if you are the Coordinator of a Youth Ministry Program, in order to keep an updated database for our Archdiocese. Fill out this form:
Upcoming Leader Events
NEW YOUTH MINISTERS FORMATION
2018-2019 DATES TBA
Pastoral Assistants of Youth Ministry that are beginning in ministry or have 3 years or less experience in this archdiocese are invited to gather as a community to learn together the practical, interpersonal and spiritual practices necessary within ministry. Journeying together through the year, the New Ministers Formation of OYYAE is designed to provide:
- reflection on the relevant church documents
- connections/community between those new to youth ministry
- practical skills for ministry & leadership
- orientation to archdiocesan policies, procedures and personnel
Sept. 29 | Oct. 27 | Dec. 5 | June 7
Throughout the year day-long workshops will be offered on relevant topics for those serving in youth ministry throughout the archdiocese. Often, speakers will be well-known ministry leaders from around the country. These days will provide formation in key areas and opportunities for networking.
YM & FAITH FORMATION SPRING RETREAT
April 19-20, 2018
The importance of setting aside time for prayer and reflection for those serving in parish leadership is at the heart of the annual retreat for parish youth and young adult ministry leaders. Join us each spring in taking ‘time apart’ for yourself to spend in prayer, reflection and community building with fellow ministry leaders.
One of the roles of the office is to provide and identify resources needed for parishes to implement effective, comprehensive youth ministry.
- Youth Ministry Guidelines
- "Renewing the Vision" (USCCB)
- 3 Goals of Youth Ministry (USCCB)
- National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM)
- Competencies for Youth Ministry Volunteers
- Rebuilding Youth Ministry
- Thriving in Youth Ministry
- Sharing the Vision (password protected)
- To assist parishes in implementing the vision the USCCB articulated in “Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry” (1997) the Archdiocese has available a series of training resources developed by the Center for Ministry Development (CMD). Each of the resources includes a trainer’s outline for a 2-hour session with parish leaders, parishioners, parents and/or youth ministry teams; a power point presentation; and participant handouts. A link to the resources and the necessary password are available on request. Contact us if interested.
FORMS & WAIVERS
The following are the most important waivers for youth ministry. Please print them and bring them to your parish leader.
INTERNATIONAL FORMS - In ADDITION to the above forms, the following forms need to be completed for International Trips
- International Travel Youth Permission Slip/Waiver
- Consent for International Travel - Youth Only
- International Travel Adult Waiver
- International Planning Guide
- International Travel Insurance Brochure